Programs I like to use on windows:
- Thunderbird – extensible email client, also chat client for GTalk, IRC, Twitter, Jabber, & Facebook Chat
- Pidgin – Multiplatform chat client (AIM, ICQ, MSN, IRC, Yahoo, etc)
- LibreOffice – Multiplatform, runs on Java, opens very many formats.
- Kingsoft Office – Mimics Microsoft look and feel. Tabbed browsing. Free for personal use.
- Softmaker FreeOffice – Compatible with Microsoft Office documents and free for personal use.
- PDFCreator – Create PDF Documents by printing
- SumatraPDF – PDF Document Viewer
- Flashget 1.7x – very simple and fast download manager. Use in conjunction with flashgethack to get 30 connections per server and upset webmasters.
- Tixati – Best torrent client that puts you in control and has exceptional blocklist capabilities.
- GIMP – Complex image software with many capabilities. A freeware photoshop.
- Paint.NET – Useful image editor with layers.
- Inkscape – SVG editor
- Irfanview – Lightweight image viewer, batch editor
- LibreCAD – Free AutoCAD replacement
- Blender – 3D Modeling
- Colorcop – Sample colors from anywhere on your screen
- Blender – Video Editing via visual sequence editor.
- Foobar2000 – Great audio player with many features
- Daum Potplayer – integrated codecs/filters, can use external codecs/filters
- VLC – integrated codecs/filters
- Audacity – Audio editor